0) Where are you from (country)? united states
1) How did you find this forum? Google
2) What is your current age, height, weight? 29 years old, 5'9 tall, 200 lbs
3) Do you excercise regularly? If so, what type of excercise? weights and cardio, can't lift for more than a few months consistently because of PFS induced tendinitis pain
4) What type of diet do you eat (vegetarian, meat eater, raw, fast-food/organic healthy)? At my best I eat a lot of organic foods, but variety is all over the place.
5) Why did you take Finasteride (hair loss, BPH, other)? hair thinning
6) For how long did you take Finasteride (weeks/months/years)? 14 days, and previously I was taking Saw Palmetto daily for 4 months
7) How old were you, and WHEN (date) did you start Finasteride? 23 years old and took it in September 2010
8) How old were you when you quit, and WHEN (date) did you quit? 23 and in September 2016
9) How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)? cold turkey
10) What type of Finasteride did you use – Propecia, Proscar, Fincar or other generic? Generic fin from China, and saw palmetto from Walgreens
11) What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)? 1.25 mg fin, and 1800 mg saw palmetto a day for 4 months before I started fin
12) How long into your use of Finasteride did you notice the onset of side effects? A few weeks, progressively gets worse to this day.
13) What side effects did you experience while on the drug that have yet to resolve since discontinuation? Didn't notice any sides while on it, stopped because of the potential sides and guess what....just my luck to get all of them.
Put an X beside all that apply:
[x] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[x] Erectile Dysfunction
[ ] Complete Impotence
[x] Loss of Morning Erections
[x] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[x] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[x] Watery Ejaculate
[x] Reduced Ejaculate
[ ] Inability to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility
[x] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[x] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[x] Memory Loss / Forgetfullness
[x] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[x] Slurring of Speech
[x] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[x] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[x] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[x] Suicidal Thoughts
[x] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[ ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[x] Testicular Pain
[x] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[x] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[x in the first few years] Weight Gain
[x] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[x] Muscle Wastage
[x] Muscle Weakness
[x] Joint Pain
[x] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes
[ ] Prostate pain
[x] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[x] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / "Poo Pellets"
[x] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[x] Lowered body temperature
[x] Other (please explain) lump on left testicle, extreme muscle wastage last 2 years, my skin is not toned whatsoever and looks like a big sheet of skin is draped over me, always cold, skeletal loss
14) What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug? only hormone I have taken is low dose t3 (liothyronine) at 0.05 mcg. Have tried exercise to building muscle but no help. Take B vitamins at the most bioavailable source, Vit D 5000 iU a day, Vit E 400 every other day, Vit C 1000mg daily, fish oil pill every night, magnesium oxide 500mg at night, 22mg zinc picolinate once a week at night.
15) If you have pre or post-Finasteride bloodtests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (pls post your test results in the "Blood Tests" section and link to them in your post)? had a small blood panel done 4 years ago, but do not have results available with me....also had a blood test done for testicular cancer as a lump developed on my left teste, HCG was below range and the only info on the whole damn internet about low levels said it's linked with muscular degeneration...this is what fucking scares me....I'm as good as dead in a few years.
16) Anything not listed in the above questions you'd like to share about your experience with Finasteride? do not take anything associated with Fin or Saw palmetto
17) Tell us your story, in your own words, about your Finasteride usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug. when I first stopped taking these fin inhibitors, only side effects initially were tender breasts (gyro now) and shrunken testicles. First few years were tolerable in terms of muscle maintenance, but after 6 years my death is surely coming in a few years. My wrists are all bone halfway down my arms, my neck is 14.5 inches measured around, I know within a few years I'll be dead from this, idk what to do or if anything is worth trying. After seeing the Harvard and Baylor studies results gives me no fucking hope....Merck will never let there be known that their product is doing this to people. I really have zero hope for a cure in time to help me and want to die before I develop ALS. Please if anyone has experiences and/or symptoms similar to mine please let me know if ANYTHING wil help me gain my muscle back. I don't care about sex anymore I just want to live, if I die my mother will commit suicide and can't let this happen.
Please anyone I'm begging you from the bottom of my heart share with me what the most successful treatment plan is. If it helps, most of my hormonal blood work from 4 years ago was all low, down regulated. Thyroid is always within range. Low HCG out of range.