0) Where are you from (country)? Spain
1) How did you find this forum (Google search -- if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website -- if so, what page? Other?) google
2) What is your current age, height, weight? 32, 189 cm, 89 kgs
3) Do you excercise regularly? If so, what type of excercise? Yes, gym and byke.
4) What type of diet do you eat (vegetarian, meat eater, raw, fast-food/organic healthy)? mediterranean diet.
5) Why did you take Finasteride (hair loss, BPH, other)? hair loss
6) For how long did you take Finasteride (weeks/months/years)? roughly for 4 years
7) How old were you, and WHEN (date) did you start Finasteride? 23
8) How old were you when you quit, and WHEN (date) did you quit? 27
9) How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)? practically cold turkey
10) What type of Finasteride did you use – Propecia, Proscar, Fincar or other generic? a first period of proscar and them a finasteride pharmacy-made product
11) What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)? roughly 1 mg/day
12) How long into your use of Finasteride did you notice the onset of side effects? I noticed nothing (this does not mean there were not sides obviously) till the third year of use when i noticed a terrible and sudden brain fog side effect. By that time i was 26 and had a girlfriend and also noticed a reduction on libido and erection power but i could still handle the situation.
13) What side effects did you experience while on the drug that have yet to resolve since discontinuation? Very low libido and practially total impotence right now.
Put an X beside all that apply:
[x ] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[ x] Erectile Dysfunction
[x ] Complete Impotence
[ x] Loss of Morning Erections
[ x] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[ ] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[ ] Watery Ejaculate
[x ] Reduced Ejaculate
[ ] Inability to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility
[ x] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[ x] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[x ] Confusion
[x ] Memory Loss / Forgetfullness
[ ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[x ] Slurring of Speech
[ x] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[ ] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[ ] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[ ] Suicidal Thoughts
[x ] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[ ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ ] Testicular Pain
[ ] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[ x] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[ ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[ ] Muscle Wastage
[ ] Muscle Weakness
[ ] Joint Pain
[ ] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes
[ ] Prostate pain
[ ] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[x ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / "Poo Pellets"
[ ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[x ] Increased hair loss
[x ] Frequent urination
[ ] Lowered body temperature
[ ] Other (please explain)
14) What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug? I stopped the drug because i started noticing the side effects. I have only followed the natural path (Zinc, Maca, etcetera) with little success.
15) If you have pre or post-Finasteride bloodtests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (pls post your test results in the "Blood Tests" section and link to them in your post)? My hormons were a bit low in the past but they are perfect now (Testosterone at the top of the range) and the rest very well and in range too.
16) Anything not listed in the above questions you'd like to share about your experience with Finasteride? I took the drug for 4 years and the 6 months before stopping were very bad to me. I can undestand this now. I felt scared to even get out of my place, terrible brain fog and drop of libido. Erections were poor but i could have sex at least once a day. I would say that some of the sides (metal and feeling type) are practically back to normal but the worst thing is that i have literrally and progressively got worse with regard to sexual sides. I have had a total impotence over the last two years and i do not understand how this is possible since it should be the other way around because i stopped the drug more than 6 years ago. I consulted an endo for years and we run many tests but nothing was that wrong to put me on any medication. Also, i had surgery for a non-fuctioning pituitary adenoma (12 mm) that i believed was causing my problems. Wrong. This adenoma was removed successfully but i have seen no changes at all. I feel well overall (i do lots of sport, have a good diet, have a good job) right now but my sexual life is totally gone.
17) Tell us your story, in your own words, about your Finasteride usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.
I do not think that any hormonal treatment may help in my case since my blood run is perfect to my doctor eyes. I also got tested for many things and the third endo i saw run out of ideas. I am having an appointment with two doctors next week (endo and a rare condition doctor that was recommeded to me) but i hold no hope of finding any solution. I am open to any ideas/help you guys can provide.
I would also say that have stomach problems (lots of gass) and also have to urinate very often. I have also indentified that i drink lots of water, but i cannot say if this is related.
At this point, I would sadly address that i am prepared to live without libido or sexual life (when i have 10 mg of cialis i can have decent sex but i feel poor sensations) but i do not want to surrender... Please help!!!