1) How did you find this forum (Google search -- if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website -- if so, what page? Other?)
Searching about side effects
2) What is your current age, height, weight?
21, 175cm, 60kg
3) Do you excercise regularly? If so, what type of excercise?
4) What type of diet do you eat (vegetarian, meat eater, raw, fast-food/organic healthy)?
5) Why did you take Finasteride (hair loss, BPH, other)?
6) For how long did you take Finasteride (weeks/months/years)?
7) How old were you, and WHEN (date) did you start Finasteride?
8) How old were you when you quit, and WHEN (date) did you quit?
9) How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)?
no idea of what that means. English is not my main language, sorry.
10) What type of Finasteride did you use – Propecia, Proscar, Fincar or other generic?
11) What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)?
12) How long into your use of Finasteride did you notice the onset of side effects?
13) What side effects did you experience while on the drug that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?
Increase of pre existence gynecomastia and watery semen
Put an X beside all that apply:
[ ] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[ ] Erectile Dysfunction
[ ] Complete Impotence
[ ] Loss of Morning Erections
[ ] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[ ] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[ x] Watery Ejaculate
[ ] Reduced Ejaculate
[ ] Inability to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility
[ ] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[ ] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[ ] Confusion
[ ] Memory Loss / Forgetfullness
[ ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[ ] Slurring of Speech
[ ] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[ ] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[ ] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[ ] Suicidal Thoughts
[ ] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[ ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ ] Testicular Pain
[ ] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[ ] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[ x] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[ ] Muscle Wastage
[ ] Muscle Weakness
[ ] Joint Pain
[ ] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes
[ ] Prostate pain
[ ] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[ ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / "Poo Pellets"
[ ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[ ] Lowered body temperature
[ ] Other (please explain)
14) What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug?
No treatments at all, just quited the med.
15) If you have pre or post-Finasteride bloodtests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (pls post your test results in the "Blood Tests" section and link to them in your post)?
16) Anything not listed in the above questions you'd like to share about your experience with Finasteride?
17) Tell us your story, in your own words, about your Finasteride usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.
I dont personally hate the med, im just 100% sure that its just not made for certain kind of peopple.
Alright guys, heres the thing. Im not here to discourage anyone to use propecia or anything, my only purpose is to tell my personal experience, keep in mind that propecia works on everyone in a diferent way. So, with that being said i will start my story.
About 2 months ago i started looking for ways to stop my hairloss and of course, i stumbled with propecia and its incredible effects on fighting hair loss, and like the majority of us, the side effects scared the shit out of me. it took me some days to decide if i was really going to use. What always scared me the most was the gynecomastia symptom, i spent hours and hours looking for stories of ppl that already had ``puberty gynecomastia``and used propecia with no problems, as weird as it might seem, i coudnt find much to discourage me from using it, there was just not manny ppl talking about the specific situation, so i took the risk. About 20 days of using it i noticed my nipples were getting puffier, my gynecomastia never really bothered me before because it was really small, no one would really notice it, but now it was just getting horrible, i went crazy with it and just completly stopped taking propecia, it continued to get worse for like 5 or 6 more days after i stoped using it, but in like 9th day i could see that my nipples was getting less swollen and less painfull and within like 8 days more i started to feel like i was back to my good and old discrete gynecomastia, i was quite fucking relieved. Alright, so why am i posting it here? Simply because since i could find much about the subject and this made me decide start using it, im now throwing it out there on internet so next time someone search for it they will see my storie and this might help u guys deciding whether if ure using it or not. I AM NOT TELLING YOU GUYS THAT IT WILL INCREASE UR GYNECOMASTIA, im just telling it happened TO ME, it did increase and togheter with watery semen it was pretty much all the side effects i had and im glad it came back to normal. My advice is '. think well, it end up okay for me, but for a lot of ppl the symptom just persists and it might took a while to recover from it, and sorry if my english is not that good or my writing seem a little bit confused, cya and good luck to everyone fighting for recovery.