0) I'm from the US.
1) Google search from the pfsfoundation.org page.
2) I'm 43, 6'4", 210 lbs.
3) Yes, I exercise at least 3x a week. I stretch, do cardio and weight-train (about 50-50 mix between the two).
4) Mostly paleo-diet.
5) Hair loss.
6) I'm still in the process of finding old receipts and documentation, but I think I took it for 3 months.
7) I was 36 y/o.
8) I was 36 y/o.
9) I finished the rest of the blister packet (didn't realize it was harming me in the first place) and discontinued taking it.
12) I didn't realize until afterwards. I've always had mood swings, so hadn't put 2 and 2 together until after the fact.
13) See below:
Put an X beside all that apply:
[X] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[X] Erectile Dysfunction
[ ] Complete Impotence
[X] Loss of Morning Erections (erectile quality is much reduce)
[X] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[X] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[X] Watery Ejaculate
[X] Reduced Ejaculate
[ ] Inability to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility
[X] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[X] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[X] Memory Loss / Forgetfullness
[X] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[X] Slurring of Speech
[X] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[X] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[X] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[X] Suicidal Thoughts
[X] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[X] Penis curvature / rotation on axis (very slight)
[ ] Testicular Pain
[X] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[X] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease (tip of penis is cold to the touch)
[X] Weight Gain (slightly)
[X] Gynecomastia (male breasts) (slightly)
[X] Muscle Wastage (slightly)
[X] Muscle Weakness (slightly)
[X] Joint Pain (slightly)
[X] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes (slightly)
[X] Prostate pain (sometimes, I had a dull ache in that area)
[X] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[X] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[X ] Constipation / "Poo Pellets"
[X] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness (loss of night vision)
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[ ] Lowered body temperature
[X] Other (please explain) (testicles seem to be in a near constant state of being tucked against the body. They don't ever hang low and comfortably, like they used to)
14) I've tried testosterone replacement therapy, I did two cycles of Clomid, I did HGH at one point too, as well as a small arsenal of over-the-counter supplements over the years. NOTE: when I took Clomid, my testicles would hang comfortably again, but only while on the medication.
15) I don't have any results, but will be looking for the various bloodtests I had taken post-finasteride. What little I remember of those results, what was noteworthy was very low testosterone count (which prompted me to opt for TRT).
16) Nothing comes to mind, but I will be sure to report at a later time, if I remember anything.
17) I took finasteride to combat hair loss when I was 36 in 2009. After several months (1mg/daily), I had a major mood swing that resulted in a near suicide attempt. I have always struggled with mood swings (never suicidal though), so I didn't consider that finasteride was the problem. I finished my remaining supply and discontinued taking it. Later, I started to learn that finasteride had a much higher rate of side effects than was listed. Then, I started to manifest many of the above listed symptoms. I tried many things, but I wasn't really sure what was the cause of all of this. Now, nearly 8 years later, after trying TRT, cycling with Clomid, HGH and many other supplements, I'm finding that none of my symptoms are regressing and that it must be PFS. I'm now hoping that with more focused, committed research, I might be able to free myself from this condition.