0) Where are you from (country)? UK
1) How did you find this forum (Google search -- if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website -- if so, what page? Other?) Google
2) What is your current age, height, weight? 23, 180cm, 63kg
3) Do you excercise regularly? If so, what type of excercise? Cardio and weights 3x week
4) What type of diet do you eat (vegetarian, meat eater, raw, fast-food/organic healthy)? Meat eater, healthy, balanced (paleo recently)
5) Why did you take Finasteride (hair loss, BPH, other)? hair loss
6) For how long did you take Finasteride (weeks/months/years)?
7) How old were you, and WHEN (date) did you start Finasteride?
8) How old were you when you quit, and WHEN (date) did you quit? 23; 1st Feb 2017
9) How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)? cold turkey
10) What type of Finasteride did you use – Propecia, Proscar, Fincar or other generic? generic 1mg fin
11) What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)?
12) How long into your use of Finasteride did you notice the onset of side effects?
13) What side effects did you experience while on the drug that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?
Put an X beside all that apply:
[ x] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[x ] Erectile Dysfunction
[ ] Complete Impotence
[ x] Loss of Morning Erections
[ x] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[ x] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[ ] Watery Ejaculate
[x ] Reduced Ejaculate
[ ] Inability to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility
[ ] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[ ] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[ ] Confusion
[ ] Memory Loss / Forgetfullness
[ ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[ ] Slurring of Speech
[ x] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[ x] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[ x] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[ ] Suicidal Thoughts
[ x] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[ ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ x] Testicular Pain
[ ] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[ ] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[ ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[ ] Muscle Wastage
[ x] Muscle Weakness
[ ] Joint Pain
[ ] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes
[ x] Prostate pain
[ x] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[ x] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / "Poo Pellets"
[ ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ x] Frequent urination
[ ] Lowered body temperature
[ ] Other (please explain)
14) What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug? multivitmain, zinc, probiotic
15) If you have pre or post-Finasteride bloodtests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (pls post your test results in the "Blood Tests" section and link to them in your post)? Awaiting results
16) Anything not listed in the above questions you'd like to share about your experience with Finasteride?
17) Tell us your story, in your own words, about your Finasteride usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.
To keep it short:
Visited private hair loss clinic for MPB, was told a bunch of lies about propecia safety, took drug for 3 days (3 doses of 1mg).
Third day symptoms: weak erection, weak orgasm, testicles moving uncontrollably in the sack, penis developed large protruding vein down left sid.
I googled symptoms, found out about PFS and the 'crash', immediately quit.
Day 1 since quitting: Sudden bloating, gas. Hot flushes to face.
Day 3 since quitting until now: depression and debilitating anxiety (I was 100% happy energetic and healthy prior to fin). Penis normal looking (no more large vein). Sexual symptoms disappeared, adopted paleo diet, bowels back to normal.
Day 10 since quitting: Insomnia some nights. Wake after 4/5 hours sleep every night.
Day 12 since quitting: Pain in urethra, penis cold and wrinkled (at times), floppy penis, erectile dysfunction, loss of libido returns. Urine flow weak (half of my piss dribbles out, never occurred before). Went to doctors for testosterone blood test (awaiting results)
Since then until now: Large penis vein has returned, still have pain in groin, three hours last night (woke at 4am and couldnt sleep again), frequent desire to piss but no real need to. Extreme depression, stress, and fear. Morning wood disappears. Try to get erection but its not easy, very flaccid. Sex drive mostly gone.
Its been two weeks today since I quit and my symptoms PLUS new ones have returned. I am at the lowest point in my life.
Can anyone advise on what I can expect, or what I can do? I am having panic attacks.