PROPECIAHELP: Persistent Finasteride Propecia Proscar side effects info & discussion forum

Forum for men with PERSISTENT sexual, mental & physical side effects which CONTINUE DESPITE QUITTING Finasteride (Propecia, Proscar), a 5AR inhibitor drug for hair loss, prostate enlargement & prostate cancer.
It is currently Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:39 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

BEFORE POSTING IN THE MEMBERS STORY SECTION, PLEASE COPY/PASTE THE FOLLOWING SYMPTOMS/PROFILE TEMPLATE INTO YOUR POST: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=371

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:42 pm 

Bad news, as ever...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:32 pm 

Drug: Propecia
Usage: 1 week
Started: 04 Oct 2005
Stopped: 11 Oct 2005
The way I see it, the advancement of a diagnosis is never bad news.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:55 pm 
Administrator

Drug: Proscar
Usage: 11 months
Started: 0- 0-2004
Stopped: 0- 0-2005
Guys, keep in mind this has not been proven yet, it is simply his thoughts on the matter and wondering if/where the issues may lie.

That said, he is certainly more qualified than any of us to make such statements, and his insights are of absolute value to understanding and investigating this problem further.

The fact he is focusing on the androgen receptor and epigenetics is a crucial point, but wether these areas are the absolute root cause still needs to be tested for. That is the next step -- getting research scientists interested enough in this problem to undertake the type of testing we need to get more answers.

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/propeciahelp
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/propeciahelp

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:52 pm 

How does this explain that when i quit i was feeling great for 2 weeks then suddenly i was hornier than ever in my life and sex was all i thought about for 3 weeks while feeling completely dead in all aspects but sexually. I could hardly move with out hurting yet im having an erection?

I dont belive this is the awnser to our problems. Our problem involves so much more than this explains imo.

Think its great that finally someone is taking our problems seriously tho and we will eventually find a cure for this crap. Ive had days and weeks even of complete recovery so im sure we will be okay in the end!

------------
common epigenetic effect interacts with a less common variant in the androgen receptor gene CAG repeat profile to cause its syndrome of crippling persistent post-finasteride hypogonadism.
I dont think this explains how are condition progressed and not all of our symptoms either
---------------

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:45 am 

Usage: 21days only!
Started: 21 Jan 2007
Stopped: 14 Feb 2007
Mew wrote:
Guys, keep in mind this has not been proven yet, it is simply his thoughts on the matter and wondering if/where the issues may lie.

That said, he is certainly more qualified than any of us to make such statements, and his insights are of absolute value to understanding and investigating this problem further.

The fact he is focusing on the androgen receptor and epigenetics is a crucial point, but wether these areas are the absolute root cause still needs to be tested for. That is the next step -- getting research scientists interested enough in this problem to undertake the type of testing we need to get more answers.

From his tone however, it seems as if he maybe hasnt had much luck lately in treating people. I hope this is not the case as I am going to be seeing him soon.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:48 pm 

Usage: ~3 months
Started: 0- 1-2007
Stopped: 0- 4-2007
Mikey428, would you mind briefly sharing what specifically you are seeing Jacobs for? (I have no way to privately message you) He is local to me and I am interested in seeing him about my ongoing prostate/ejaculation issues that urologists seem to be shrugging off.

Also, in general, is this something that Endos/Neuro-Endos will deal with? Am I barking up the wrong tree? I need to have initial blood work done, should I see an endo before or after to point me in the right direction? I've been reading all over the forums, but I'm still kind of lost as far as first steps to take now that I realize my issues are likely related to PFS.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:50 pm 

Usage: 13 Months
I don't want to paint all cases with the blood to say that it is more neuro issue than androgenic.
I have problems (well am devastated really) for 4 years and even now, 2 days of Tribulus improves my libido and erection considerably. Just that after a certain point it does not work...

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:40 am 

Drug: Proscar
Usage: 4 years
Started: 01 Jan 2005
Stopped: 01 Jan 2011
Has there been any progress in treatments? I see that nothing has been posted to this thread in quite a while.

My symptoms are not as severe as some people on here but libido, sensitivity, ED etc. are truly getting me down. Its been about a year since I went off and finally determined to find treatment but really have no idea where to start.