0) Where are you from (country)?
1) How did you find this forum (Google search -- if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website -- if so, what page? Other?)
2) What is your current age, height, weight?
27, 1,85m, 72Kg
3) Do you excercise regularly? If so, what type of excercise?
Yes, gym, weight exercieses
4) What type of diet do you eat (vegetarian, meat eater, raw, fast-food/organic healthy)?
Gluten-free as I dont tolerate it anymore since Shitpecia. Much vegetables, meat once per day, rice and potatoes.
5) Why did you take Finasteride (hair loss, BPH, other)?
6) For how long did you take Finasteride (weeks/months/years)?
7) How old were you, and WHEN (date) did you start Finasteride?
Age: 25, 01.10.2011
8) How old were you when you quit, and WHEN (date) did you quit?
Age: 25, 01.01.2012
9) How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)?
10) What type of Finasteride did you use – Propecia, Proscar, Fincar or other generic?
11) What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)?
First day 1mg, noticed very strange feeling (depression) the next day and continued with 0.5mg/day.
12) How long into your use of Finasteride did you notice the onset of side effects?
Since the first pill.
13) What side effects did you experience while on the drug that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?
Put an X beside all that apply:
[X] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[ ] Erectile Dysfunction
[ ] Complete Impotence
[X] Loss of Morning Erections
[X] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[X] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[X] Watery Ejaculate
[X] Reduced Ejaculate
[ ] Inability to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility
[X] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[X] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[X] Memory Loss / Forgetfullness
[X] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[X] Slurring of Speech
[X] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[X] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[X] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[X] Suicidal Thoughts
[ ] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[ ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ ] Testicular Pain
[ ] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[ ] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[ ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[X] Muscle Wastage
[X] Muscle Weakness
[ ] Joint Pain
[X] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes
[X] Prostate pain
[X] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[X] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / "Poo Pellets"
[ ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[X] Lowered body temperature
[X] Other (please explain)
Lost nearly 10kg muscles!
14) What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug?
SSRI/Sertralin (stopped), Quetiapin (because of insomnia), Magnesium (helped my sleep a lot), B12 (also helped my sleep a lot), Zinc (severe anxiety without it). When going to the gym, my symptoms seem to decrease, if I dont overdo it.
15) If you have pre or post-Finasteride bloodtests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (pls post your test results in the "Blood Tests" section and link to them in your post)?
16) Anything not listed in the above questions you'd like to share about your experience with Finasteride?
17) Tell us your story, in your own words, about your Finasteride usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.
I took Shitpecia for 3 months. First all I notided was that I would get angry very easiely and reduced libido / sperm volume, then after 2 months or so, the insomnia started. I couldn't sleep at all. Because I didnt link insomnia to finasteride I continued to take it. In January 2012 I was so exhausted from this, I decided to stop fin to see, if it would get better. It didn't.
That's when I started to run from one doctor to another. When I came to a neurologist, and told him that I couldn't take this anymore, he prescribed me sertralin and quetiapin (in the evening to sleep) which helped some, but of course didn't get rid of all my symptoms. I still had digestive problems, and thats why I started a gluten-free diet. It helped. Also I was still losing muscles and sleep was good on some days, but not on all days. Going to the gym messed up my sleep in the beginning, but that decreased after some weeks. Same with my prostate problems, which made me wake up at least once a night to go to the toilet. Disappeared after some weeks of gym.
Right now I'm primarily dealing with brain fog, mild depression, muscle wastage and sleep problems if I stress myself to much e.g. being too busy in the day. Luckily, sexuall problems have never been my main issues.