1) forgot what search engine lead me here (or link from another site)
3) 5'9, 155pounds, excersice about twice a week at the gym for just over an hour a time.
4) I eat pretty healthy, some but not a lot of read meat, eat turkey and chicken. Eat fastfood only once a month ir that.
5) Took Finasteride for hair loss
6) took it for about 14 months
7) started a few months before turning 28
8) stopped at 29
9) taper off
10) Used Propecia
11) 1 mg a day, about 5 or 6 days a week
12) How long into your use of Finasteride did you notice the onset of side effects? after about 10 months
13) Low libido, problems getting and maitaining erections.
Put an X beside all that apply:
[x] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[x] Erectile Dysfunction
[ ] Complete Impotence
[x] Loss of Morning Erections
[x] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[ ] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[x] Watery Ejaculate
[x] Reduced Ejaculate
[ ] Inability to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility
[ ] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[ ] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[ ] Confusion
[ ] Memory Loss / Forgetfullness
[ ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[ ] Slurring of Speech
[x] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[ ] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[ ] Depression / Melancholy
[ ] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[ ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[x] Testicular Pain
[x] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[x] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[ ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[ ] Muscle Wastage
[ ] Muscle Weakness
[ ] Joint Pain
[ ] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes
[ ] Prostate pain
[ ] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[ ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / "Poo Pellets"
[ ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[ ] Lowered body temperature
[ ] Other (please explain)
14) What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug? None, thats why I am here on this forum...
15) If you have pre or post-Finasteride bloodtests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (pls post your test results in the "Blood Tests" section and link to them in your post)? Not taken any.
17) Tell us your story, in your own words, about your Finasteride usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.
Took propecia for just over a 1 year for hair loss when i was 28. Before taking it I had NO sexually problems.
I was healthy, strong libo, regular sex, no problem with erections. Then and now I eat healthy, have very little junk food, am in decent shape, no drug use, drink only on the weekends (but sometimes drink a little too much then
After taking propecia for about 11 months I noticed that my erections were not as strong when I was with my gf. Somtimes during sex they were getting softer and not staying all the way hard. This was NEVER a problem before. So I decided to taper off and quit all together just over 2 months later.
My sexual drive took a massive dive about a month into the tapering off. Erections happend once or twice a week instead of everyday. This has continued for about 17 months since then.
I was having hard time getting an erection when in bed with women, and when i did it wasn't the same hardness, and after cumming I was done for the whole night. Before if I came, I could be ready to go again in 20 minutes.
I thought it was getting a little better this fall, erections were a little harder (though still after cumming I could not get hard again), but now it seems to gotten really bad again. I had a sad sexually experience being with a girl who was ready and helping me out, and I could not get hard, ugh.
I wish I had known everything (and about this forum) before taking this garbage (how can they even be allowed to sell it!?). I read Merck's warning that users can suffer sexual side effects I knew that but they gave the impression that it could ONLY happen when taking it, NOT after you stop. No I find out that sexually side effects might be permanent.
I am now 30, less than 3 years ago I had high libo, no erection problems, after taking propecia for a little over a year and then quiting for over 1 1/2 years I very low libo, and hardtime having and maintianing erections and decreased ejaculate.
Like everyone else I just want to go back to the way it was before.